Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Weird world

I think it's fair to say that, on the whole, the series of posts I have done on English Poetry have not been the most popular on this site. Tough. I like doing them and I'm going to continue doing them, but usually they get very few hits.

The odd one out is the poem I posted back in December, Lucifer in Starlight, by George Meredith. For some reason, this poem scores a consistently high number of hits every week. It's only today, when I actually decided to look into why this is that the reason became clear.

The vast majority of hits on this post come from people running a Google search containing the words Satan, devil, Beelzebub and, of course, Lucifer. Somehow, I don't think they were looking for Meredith's poem in particular.

I know I should not be judgemental (but why change the habit of a lifetime), but there aren't half some weirdos out there.

No comments: