Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Puppet government


Watching Question Time last week, I couldn't help thinking that Blair "babe", Hazel Blears, reminded me of somebody, but I couldn't for the life of me work out who it was.

The clues were all there.
The strangely bobbing head. The fake, fixed smile. The empty, vacant expression. Eyes that looked but didn't see. The mouth that moved as if disconnected from the brain. The words that came out which were clearly rehearsed, scripted and often incomprehensible to the speaker.

Today, I realised who she reminded me of.


3 comments:

Sir Henry Morgan said...

"Stepford Wives", as far as I'm concerned. I've thought this for years.

Sir Henry Morgan said...

Tracey is far too lifelike.

Henry Bolingbroke said...

Leave Tin-Tin alone, if you don't want Alan after you.