Monday, August 18, 2008

Back ..... nearly

I'm back from my holiday - a lovely two weeks in a beautiful part of England. Shame the weather wasn't able to match the scenery - rain and gales for the most part, but we had a few good days and I managed to get a decent tan.

Seems like quite a lot has been going on while I was away - not least a war between Russia and Georgia. It's a war which should be of no interest to us whatsoever and one which we would do well to keep out of, but it highlights the stupidity of policies that make us dependent on Russia for energy and encourages near neighbours of Russia to join NATO and the EU.

I hope our leaders now recognise the problems of such policies and realise that allowing countries like Ukraine and Georgia into the EU and/or NATO will bring huge problems for us in the future. Judging by the comments of Dave it seems not.

I may be back from holiday, but the next week or so will be very busy so don't expect many posts. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

No comments: