Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The real cause of the riots must never be revealed

I've not written anything about the riots since they began for various reasons. First of all, I've been very very busy with my work for a couple of weeks - a little too busy if the truth be told. When I started doing this it was only supposed to be a part time "hobby" sort of business, but for the last couple of weeks I've been working 18 hours a day every day. Some hobby!

The other reason I've not written anything about it is that I've pretty much said all I have to say about it on previous posts - I can't be bothered to post links - the riots are something I've been expecting and predicting for some time and came as no surprise to me.

What is clear to me, though and is something of a revelation is that the media, for a brief time, seemed to come to the same conclusions as me in that the riots were not caused by "deprivation" or any of the other poster children of the left, but simply by the absence of morality and decency.

That realisation was brief, though. In the last few days I've read more and more comment articles in sources as diverse as the Telegraph and Guardian making the usual claims about poverty, lack of opportunity and other social grievances.

It's all codswallop - but predictable codswallop. It's predictable because to admit that the underlying cause of the riots was anything but the usual suspects is to admit that everything the liberal progressives believe in is completely wrong.

That applies to David Cameron, the bulk of the Tory party and the majority of the journalists who work in the mainstream media as much as it does to the Toynbees and Milibands of this world.

So the liberals will do some hand wringing, have a couple of inquiries and will manage to draw the wrong conclusions once again.

They have to - otherwise their very reason for existing will cease.

1 comment:

Barnacle Bill said...

Otherwise they will no longer be able to guzzle from the public teat and enrich their bastard offspring!