Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Brown is right

There - bet you never thought I'd say that! But when it comes to what this government should be doing at this time I tend to agree that, although tax cuts should be part of the solution - especially in the long term - the right thing to do is for the government to spend money on capital projects.

However, the reality is that this government - like any other these days - is incapable of doing that given the time scales they have to work in. By the time they've gone through various planning and consultation stages this recession will be a dim and distant memory.

Anyhow - should he be able to get things started I would recommend he starts by building around 10 new coal fired power stations as soon as possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You had me worried for a minute in the first para.

It strikes me a somewhat ironic that the reason for the credit crunch, that is excessive borrowing, is now being used as the solution to avoid recession.

I like the cut of your gib, Stan. I will add you to my blogroll.